NORTH TO THE SOUTH 400
Date: Saturday, 18th May 2019
With about 4000m of climbing this should not be the toughest of 400’s, but close observers of the profile may notice a couple of sharp climbs, including the “Gap of Mamore” from the old Audax Ireland banner.
Note – route reversed in 2016 due to lack of ferry – and no longer has a ferry crossing!
- Start moved from Boucher Road to Mallusk (North Belfast). Opposite Maxol garage, Mallusk Road, Newtownabbey, Belfast. (Garage will not be open at 6. There are 1/2 parking spots opposite and more around).
- Outward route over Sperrins – so we’ll be able to see views and road (or lack thereof).
- Straighter (hopefully easier to navigate) route from Park to Derry.
- Reversed route round Inishown – so taking Mamore from the easy side.
- Scenic route from Derry to Buncrana to avoid the main road
- Return route through Derry over peace bridge.
- 24 hour McDonalds Coleraine at 325km.
- Gentle route back to Belfast following Bann cycle route