Sport NI has been working with Inspire Wellbeing to develop an online resource hub around Mental Health and Wellbeing for sports, and this has been launched to the sporting community this week.
The Sport Wellbeing Hub, provides a fantastic range of innovative tools and resources, which will help is deal with the challenges we are all experiencing at this time, including:
- Guided self-assessment via ‘Chatbot’;
- Self-help programmes and digital intervention tools;
- Searchable ‘5 ways to wellbeing’ map;
- Wellbeing information library; and
- Video content featuring some of our sporting heroes talking about mental health.
The hub has lots of excellent features and it has very well received by anyone who has seen it, and is particularly strong in creating upfront and clear signposting to PHA services within every geographical area in NI.
As we move forward the content will be enhanced and developed but it is key that we make this support available now to all people throughout the sporting community irrespective of ability, age and role they play within their sporting club.
Cycling Ulster would encourage your club and members to register. Have a look via the link below and circulate as you wish. We want to reach out and help as many people as possible, encourage people to use and engage in the hub and link them directly to the support services available out there that will help.
This has been launched on Sport NI social media and we would ask you to:
- Please retweet or repost to share to your audiences, so they can avail of these resources.
- We would also encourage your club members and club coaches to review the Sport Wellbeing Hub and send a short video (phone in landscape) of their comments to: email@example.com to encourage uptake of this important resource.