Damp and windy conditions greeted the riders who lined out across seven different categories in the North Donegal CC promoted Ulster road race championships at Ballyliffin on Sunday 26th August. Darnell Moore (Caldwell Cycles) added the Ulster road race senior A1/2 title to his list of victories this season.
The Dromore, Co. Tyrone rider has been in phenomenal form for almost 12 months now since he took the Irish hill climb championship in September 2017. This was followed by the Irish cyclo-cross title in January and the Irish under-23 title in June. Moore has also won several Ulster medals over the past two seasons. Moore edged out former An Post-Sean Kelly pro, Ronan McLaughlin (Viner Caremak Pactimo) after almost 80 miles of racing. Lindsay Watson (Powerhouse) rounded out the medals in the A1/2 race.
Laura Campbell (Ballymena RC) was the winner of the women’s event with other gold medals going to Kenny Boylan (Lakeland CC), Des Woods (Newry Whs), Drew McKinley (Newry Whs), Johnny Webb (North Down CC) and Daniel Graham (Mellow Velo).
Cycling Ulster would also like to thank Carl Fullerton and his team of helpers from across Donegal and further afield for hosting Sunday’s events.
2018 Ulster RR Championship Results
Sen Men A1/2
- Darnell Moore (Caldwell Cycles)
- Ronan McLaughlin (Viner Caremak Pactimo)
- Lindsay Watson (Powerhouse)
Sen Men A3
- Johnny Webb (North Down CC)
- Seamus McGovern (Smugglers CC)
- Shane McNeill (Ballycastle CC)
- Daniel Graham (Mellow Velo)
- Nathan Keown (North Down CC)
- Leo Doyle (OB Cycling)
- Drew McKinley (Newry Whs)
- Roger Brown (Roe Valley CC)
- Ciaran Donnelly (Termon Whs)
- Des Woods (Newry Whs)
- John Madden (Inspired Cycling)
- Paul McArthur (North Down CC)
- Kenny Boylan (Lakeland CC)
- Tom Henry (North Down CC)
- Jan Sweeney (Newry Whs)
- Laura Campbell (Ballymena)
- Laura Wylie (Maryland)
- Jane Wilkinson (Bann Whs)