Castlereagh CC hosted their traditional John Moore Memorial Road Race, on a not-so-traditional date (the marshals approved of the warmer weather).
A packed field of A4s saw some exciting racing (including a valiant solo effort from Banbridge’s Brian Hannon) which culminated in a bunch sprint, with Ian McClure of Northern CC clinching victory in only his second A4 race!
1. Ian McClure, Northern CC
2. Luke Roberts, Shimna Wheelers
3. Liam Crichton, Velo Cafe Magasin
4. Peter McBride, Banbridge CC
5. Jonathan Coen, Dromore CC
6. James MacMahon, Banbridge CC
7. Philip Graham, Unaffiliated
8. Garret Greene, Velo Cafe Magasin
9. Brian Hannon, Bainbridge CC
10. Leslie Balmer, Ballymena Road Club
Women’s winner: Laura Campbell
Our A1/2/3 race was brimming with talent and scintillating end-of-season form; our handicap of 4 minutes separating a3 and a2, and the 1 minute separating a2 and a1 was decimated within 30km. The remainder of the race was characterised by fledgling attacks which were routinely reeled in, before the big break was established in the penultimate lap. A high class group of 8 ate up the road quickly, and eked out a gap of a mere 90 seconds in the remaining lap! Victory ultimately went to Padraig Rogan of Phoenix CC.
1. Padraig Rogan, Phoenix CC
2. Gareth O’Neill, Newry Wheelers
3. Jody Wright, Phoenix CC
4. Kevin McKinney, Armagh City Cyclists
5. Aaron Wiley, Omagh Wheelers
6. Keith Phillips, North Down CC
7. Edward Kearney, Phoenix CC
8. Dean Lockhart, Carn Wheelers
9. Gary McCullough, Team Madigan
10. Lindsay Watson, Powerhouse Sport
Top unplaced A3s:
1. Barry Greer, Kinning Cycles
2. David Dickson, Dromara CC
Congratulations to all the riders, and a huge thank you to Francie, Mario, Ian, Ron at Lough Moss, Elish and the team from the Order of Malta, and all the Castlereagh CC volunteers. See you next year!