The Cycling Ulster Off-road Commission has set aside a bursary to support riders who are competing in off-road cycle races outside of the island of Ireland. The bursary is open to riders competing in cross-country (XC), enduro, downhill (DH) and cyclo-cross (CX). The bursary is available to Ulster riders in the following age groups: Under 14, Under 16, Junior or Under 23 (year of birth 1999-2007). There are a limited number of bursaries of £150 per rider with each discipline being offered the same number of bursaries.
- Riders must have a current Cycling Ireland licence.
- Riders must belong to a club/team based in Ulster or be unattached and resident in the Province (9 counties)
- Only one bursary per rider from the total pot.
- First come first served
- Paid out after the event
- Application must include details of the event which must be in 2021.
- If one or more of the successful applicants is unable to go to their chosen event, we can offer the bursary to one of the other applicants (in date/time order).
- We require a short report after the event for the website.
- Not available to riders who are fully sponsored (i.e. who have no outgoings for travel or accommodation)
- Not available to riders who are awarded bursaries from other cycling sources.
Applications for bursaries are open as follows
XC, DH, Enduro – (opens Thursday 24 June 2021 @ 9 pm)
Link to application form here
Cyclo-cross – (to be opened later in the year)