The Cycling Ulster Off-Road Commission are inviting people to express an interest in the role of Chairperson.
Participation levels in off-road cycling have grown substantially in recent years and Cycling Ulster have also been pressing for investment in facilities with regional government and local council.
There has been some progress in this area recently with several cycling hubs being established in various sites across the province. These are in locations which provide opportunities for increasing participation in off-road cycling in particular therefore it is an exciting time to be involved in the sport.
A general overview of the role is outlined below.
Off-Road Commission Chairperson would be expected to:
- Have a strong interest and experience in off-road cycling.
- Liaise with the Cycling Ulster Executive on a regular basis about activities of the commission.
- Chair the meetings of the Commission and fully engage in their activities and contribute to discussions and activities.
- Assist with the completion of the annual plan of activities and budget of the commission.
- Assist with developing initiatives and projects for the commission in support of the Cycling Ulster and Cycling Ireland Strategy.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Off-Road Commission as necessary.
Cycling Ulster members interested in this role should contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 19th December.