Cycling Ulster are encouraging members to take part in the Lap around the World Cycle Challenge, a virtual cycle to raise money for the Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice. Lap around the World asks cyclists both novice and professional to pedal a combined 24,901 miles, a full lap of earth in support of Hospice.
Coronavirus has changed everything for the children and their families at Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice, caring for a child with a life-limiting or life-threatening illness means that shielding is actually a common thing throughout the winter months for families, but as a result of lockdown, they have found themselves shielding at a time of year when they would normally be enjoying the finer weather; instead isolated from their support system, families and friends, more vulnerable than ever before. The services that Children’s Hospice provide are an essential lifeline to those families, now more than ever.
By taking part in ‘Lap around the World’ cycle challenge, and fundraising you can help Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice, continue to care for those most in need during this national pandemic, and beyond.
How to take part?
- Form your Jingle Cycle Dream Team, and decide how many miles you wish to complete.
- Build your fundraising page using Just Giving or Give Penny.
- Set each individual up on your team with Strava, to track how many miles you will be completing.
- Link your team to the Hospice Strava Club – to combine the overall mileage total.
- Plan your Jingle Route, it can be a static cycle indoors, or on the road – you decide!
- Share information of your ‘Lap the World’ fundraising event, and encourage your friends and family to sponsor you!
- Take some snaps of your team taking part, and share them with Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice using #LapTheWorld.
This challenge is open to all cyclists with every mile outdoors and indoors contributing to the effort and raising funds for the Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice.