Gary Lavery is the Membership Development Officer for Cycling Ulster. His role is to help and support all cycling clubs new and existing in several key areas including:
- Delivery of membership participation programmes like; Bike 4 Life, Ride Leader and other new Cycling Ireland initiatives aimed at cyclists in the Ulster region.
- Support the formation and development of new and existing cycling clubs.
- Communicating with existing cycling clubs on the implementation of the best practice development model for the sport.
- Planning, organising and hosting club development workshops for all current club coaches and club personnel and the identification, training and development of new club coaches and club leaders in Ulster.
- To support and help clubs with funding applications and information on funding opportunities for clubs.
- To support and give advice to clubs on “Safeguarding” in the sport and the AccessNI application processes.
- Supporting clubs in the development of key partnerships with; local authorities, schools and other interest groups that will increase the development of cycling in Ulster.
- Answer enquiries from schools, local authorities and other interest groups in relation to Cycling Ireland Programmes in partnership with their local Cycling Club.
- Answer enquiries from clubs in relation to club structure, development and best practice guidelines.
Clubs can contact Gary by e-mailing email@example.com