Ballymena Road Club honour Irish Olympian and prolific race winner, Billy Kerr on Saturday 18th August. Foyle CC, Killinchy CC and Slieve Gullion Wheelers promote leisure events on Sunday 19th August.
Billy Kerr Sportive
In memory of the legendary Billy Kerr BRC road racer, the sportive with 3 distances will be organised for Sat 18 August 2018
Each route will take in the spectacular and stunning scenery around the North Antrim Coast.
We proudly welcome Chain Reaction Cycles as the main sponsor. Food and refreshments will be provided along the route and start / finish location
Three routes are offered (click on links to see map of each route):
Riders can roll out from the start location between 8am and 9am
More details can be found on our Facebook and Twitter web pages
Facebook – www.facebook.com/BillyKerrSportive
Twitter – https://twitter.com/BKerrSportive
Club website – http://www.ballymenaroadclub.co.uk
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information
The Inishowen 100 takes place on Sunday 19th August, promoted by Foyle CC. Pre-entry for this event has closed!
This one hundred mile provides a very rewarding cycling experience through some of the most beautiful landscapes and coastal views in Ireland. But be warned, this is a challenging event and should only be attempted by cyclists who have trained for this type of distance and terrain.
An easier 100 km / 60-mile event is also available at the same start and finish locations.
The entry fee for both events is £25/€30 and includes lunch, T-shirt, shower facilities, free car parking and certificates for all finishers who registered by 31st July 2018.
After this date, the entrance fee is increased to £30/€35
We cannot guarantee a t-shirt & Certificate for entries after Sunday 5th August. We will have a limited number of extra on the day and will do our best to accommodate everyone either on the day on the following week.
Cycling Ireland has advised that their Leisure Event insurance is required by riders not holding a current Cycling Ireland, NICF or CTC license. This insurance can be purchased when signing in for the event at the Templemore Sports Complex.
The proceeds from this event are donated to local charities each year.
For more information on the i100 Cycle Event, Map, FAQ,s etc. see weblink below…
KCC are proud to announce the fifth year of their Leisure Cycle event, consisting of three distances (150K, 80K and 25K) to suit all fitness levels and abilities. The event is on the 19th August 2018 and the routes take in some of the most scenic areas of the County Down countryside.
Proceeds from the Entry Fee will go to our nominated charities for the event, which are the NI Hospice and Kodi’s Krew.
Northern Ireland Hospice is a local charity, offering specialist respite, symptom management, and end of life palliative care to over 3,500 infants, children and adults each year across Northern Ireland.
Kodi’s Krew was set up to help raise funds to treat brave 10 year old Killinchy girl Kodi Brown, who has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. With treatment not available through the NHS, her parents have reserached a clinic in Germany, where pioneering immunotherapy is offered, alongside infusion treatments to strengthen the immune system in conjunction with conventional brain tumour treatments.
The event starts and finishes at Killinchy Community Hall and will be fully supported with a team of Marshalls, motorcycle outriders, and medical backup. Routes are available on the club website: www.killinchycc.co.uk
Chain Reaction Cycles and The Poacher’s Pocket are the main event sponsors, providing the following:
- Mechanical support at the Community Hall and lunch stop
- Water bottle with goodies inside for each entrant
- A delicious BBQ at the finish for all competitors, courtesy The Poacher’s Pocket (winner of the “Irish Restaurant Awards – Gastro Pub of the Year 2015”)
Note: BBQ from 1pm to 5pm, wristbands must be displayed for food.
Facilities for the event include:
- Changing facilities
- Car parking
- Refreshment stops will be at Lisnabreeny (K80 & K150) and the Quoile Amenity area (K150 only)
- Lunch stop for the K150 will be at the Lakeside Inn, Ballydugan Lake, Drumcullen Road
PLEASE SEE UPDATED REGISTRATION & START TIMES BELOW.
- All Online entries must be received by Fri 17th August 2018, price £15 (£20 if insurance is required on the day); entry on the day will be priced at £20 (plus insurance if required.)
- Cancellations: we cannot refund entry fees after the application has been processed
- K25: Registration opens 10:00am on the day, start time 11:00am
- K80: Registration opens 9:00am on the day, start time 10:00am
- K150: Registration opens 8:00am on the day, start time 9:00am
- HELMETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
- RULES OF THE ROAD MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PASSED TO ANY THIRD PARTIES
South Down Coastal Tour