The Cycling Ireland Athlete Development Programme is opened to Cycling Ireland members born in 2003 and 2004. The ADP is an evidence-based framework delivered by Cycling Ireland coaches and performance experts from multiple disciplines.
The Cycling Ireland Athlete Development Programme requires a high level of commitment. As part of this programme, you will be required to attend all training activities, education workshops, share your training peaks account with the Cycling Ireland coaches, and fully engage with all the performance experts that will be working with the programme.
CONTENTS OF THE PROGRAMME:
• Individual input and feedback into your training programme from Cycling Ireland coaches.
• Physiological Testing (Covid-19 restrictions dependent)
• Education workshops by Performance Experts.
• Sports Nutrition consultation.
• Sports Psychology consultation.
• Life Skills consultation.
• Training Camps (Covid-19 restrictions dependent)
The application process will require you to provide the following information:
• 2020 season’s competition results.
• Goals and ambitions in cycling.
• Results from the Half Monty fitness test.
• Permission from Parents/Guardians.
Please complete your application by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/athletedevelopment2021
Deadline for submissions is Sunday 24th January.
THE HALF MONTY FITNESS TEST
Cycling Ireland wish to give everybody an opportunity to apply for the Athlete Development Programme. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, in person testing is not possible. To allow aspiring riders the opportunity to showcase their cycling fitness level, riders will be required to complete a remote fitness test known as the Half Monty fitness test, which is available on Cycling Ireland’s training platform partner, The Sufferfest. The platform allows for a 14-day free trail which will allow applicants to perform the test free of charge.
This fitness test involves 1 maximal effort followed by 1 sub-maximal effort. Results are generated by the platform and sent to you via email, which you will then forward to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to completing your application here.
You should consult with your medical practitioner to ensure you are fit to undertake the fitness test.
For additional information on Sufferfest platform and the Fitness test please see links below:
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Places on the programme are strictly limited.
The selection of the athletes will be made at the discretion of the Athlete Development Programme coaches and management team. Selection will be based on consideration of the following:
· Input from Cycling Ireland coaches and managers.
· Results and performances from past competitions.
· Test results from the Half Monty fitness test.
If you require any further information regarding this programme please contact us at email@example.com.