On 8th November 2019, Athletics Northern Ireland will host Dr Stephen Seiler, Professor of Sports Science at the University of Adger in Norway, to deliver a seminar on training balance for endurance athletes “Intensify or Extend? Balancing Training Prescription across the Distance Running Range”
The seminar is aimed at endurance athletes training for middle and long distance events and their coaches.
For more details visit this link
Coaches attending the session with Dr. Seiler will gain a good understanding of the importance of balancing the training zones to best develop their athletes.
During the session on the 8th November, Dr. Stephen Seiler will discuss:
- The science behind the polarised training (80:20) theory
- The endurance sports for which it applies
- How this may change depending on competition distance – whether it applies to middle distance as well as longer endurance events
- How it may change throughout the periodised year
- How it may be applied by athletes that are not full time and struggle to fit the training hours